Yesterday we took the kids (minus Zoe who got to play with Aunt Sarah...thanks soooo much!) up to the Oklahoma City Civic Center to see A Very Merry Pops!! I have wanted to go for years and this year we decided we would finally do it and take the kids with us! We got there a little early and had time to snap a couple pics in front of the big Christmas tree in the lobby.

Then we made our way up to our seats in the balcony. The kids voted for stairs over elevator so we hiked the 5 flights up and got a good workout, thought maybe it would tire them out before the show and they would actually sit still and watch it! When we were finally to the VERY TOP of the Theater, we made out way down to our seats on the first row of the balcony. It was so high and so steep down to our seats I actually got a little dizzy!! Thad and the boys sat in the center of the front row while Adeline and I sat right behind them. I didn't mind being in the second row...a little further away from the edge!

The singing and dancing was GREAT!!! We all LOVED it!! What a great way to celebrate the Season! I think the hike worked because hardly anyone even MOVED! They were so into the show, all the singing and dancing, that I think we could have taken the elevator and they might have actually sat still and watched anyway!! At intermission we went out and shared snacks and a drinks and had fun talking about our favorite parts of the show so far.

The second half was just as good and it didn't seem like it should be over when the cast took their final bow! I think my favorite part was the "Santa maker" where the singers went in a machine and out popped a Santa in their place! They sang and danced around the stage and it was so cute!!
What a great afternoon! I LOVE Christmas, and this was such a fun way to celebrate it with the kids! Thanks for a wonderful day!!
3 comments:
Awesome. I have not heard of that...plays have been my latest thing. :p Tomorrow night me and the kids are going to "A Christmas Carol" in an Arena Theater. I already saw the adult version a week ago and I wanted to share it with the kids. Next time I'm in OK at Christmas time I will have to get some tickets and go with you! :)
Fun! I love the Very Merry Pops concerts. So much music and dancing! I'm so glad you got to go with your family. I gotta get me one of those "Santa makers". Hehehe...
Sounds like a lot of fun...I've never heard of it! I love singing & dancing..LOVE it. Maybe I can catch it next year..
Post a Comment